Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Museum, Opera and Requiem

This weekend turned out to be filled with 'cultural activities'. I didn't expect it to be quite so eventful. I had booked to see Romeo and Juliet at the Folkoperan in Stockholm but hadn't made any other arrangements. On Saturday A. sent me an SMS. She asked if I wanted to go to the Modern Museum. We went there together and bumped into Johan and his partner in the dark room of the "invisible cities" exhibtion. We had coffee together and then I left to go to the opera. On Sunday, I was invited by I. and J. (two of Helene's friends) to a Verdi Requiem at the Engelbrektskyrkan. It was absolutely amazing and really blew me away. There were three choirs massed and four soloists. One of who sings in the Royal opera but the others were professional opera singers as well. The Church itself was very impressive and the music was incredibly moving. Arrived home late and got up early this morning to catch the X2000 to ACSIS. Very tired now. Today I worked on my presentation for tomorrow to the Department of Computer Science and Informatics.

No comments: