Sunday, December 04, 2005

Just arrived in Berlin

I´m in Berlin and arrived at the Zoologischer Garten station. It is quite apt to call this the Zoo station. It seems very chaotic. I have taken refuge in an Internet cafe for a few moments to check my email. I am experiencing some culture shock being out of Scandinavia where everything appears to be quite organised and just about everybody speaks English. I can tell I am going to have to brush up on my high school Deutche. What´s more, I have to adjust to a new keyboard. I was just getting used to the Danish one. The Y is in the bottom left hand corner, and the Z is in the usual location for the Y. I´m guessing this is to accomodate all those extra vowels - ü,ö,ä.

OK, now I am going to launch myself into the Underground and try to make my way to this hotel I´ve booked and know nothing about, but it is close to the apartment where I´m to meet Sarah tomorrow. Here I go...

3 comments:

Mac said...

Have a lovely time! It's always nice to see loved ones after a separation.

Ms M said...

Hi Mac, yay Sarah's here and everything's grand. Staying in old East Berlin and it is fantastic. Looking forward to tomorrow's adventures...as usual, very happy to see you've dropped by.

Mac said...

Heh, wouldn't miss it, Ms. M--your blog is one of my regular check-in spots. *grin*

Never been to Berlin, always wanted to. You'll have to tell us all about it, after you two emerge from the apartment and actually look around.